Friday, June 1, 2012

Oh, a trophy? For me?

These next few weeks are gonna be busy for me. Actually, it started getting busy yesterday. I have been preparing a few different things lately.

First off, I had a piano recital yesterday. It wasn't a huge deal and I didn't really sweat it too much. In fact, I hadn't even played the piece I was to perform for a couple of days before the recital because I'm an idiot. True story. But, it turned out okay. I wasn't even nervous, until I saw the camera. That's when I began to realize that I do not have a fear of playing in front of people. Nope. I have a fear of cameras. True story. So what I'm going to do is start posting more stuff to YouTube. I need to practice in front of a camera to get over this unexpected issue. Could be fun. Probably won't be, but it'll be something to do.

Second, I am playing for Church on Sunday! I'll be playing a couple of songs with my old choir to help out some, and it's all easy stuff that I've played before, but it should be a nice change of pace to be able to play and not be in charge of anything. Being a choir director kind of sucks the fun out of the ministry sometimes, and it'll be good to get back to just having to show up and play. :D

Third, I have a wedding on Monday. Yep. Monday. The most awkward day of the week to have a wedding. At 1:00 PM, which is the most time of the day to play for a wedding. Kind of fitting that the most awkward piano player in existence should be the pianist, no?

P.S. I think when I get famous I'm going to go by "The Awkward Block". No reason. I just want to highlight my awkwardness. I'm hoping I can get by in the world off of it.

P.P.S. I wish I knew how to tune a piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment