Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I love watches, I hate time.

Time, being the ficklest of friends, can go die.

Here's my frustration; I don't have anything to do and so time decides to drag this summer out as long as it can. The reason I say time is a fickle friend is because it's always working against me. If I am enjoying myself, time flies. I want to kick life in the shorts like the Gremlin it can be sometimes, time decides to take things slow and milk my frustrations for as much enjoyment as it can.


Does anybody really know what time it is?


Last Saturday I went to see the new Spiderman movie with my mom and I thoroughly enjoyed the film. We are walking back the car and this conversation happens.


     MOM: "Don't forget that you're playing a song for Mass tomorrow."  

     ME: "Since when do we go to daily Mass (a Mass that ironically happens at an ungodly hour of the morning) and why am I playing?!"

     MOM: "AwkwardSon, tomorrow is Sunday. What day do you think it is?"

     ME: "...Thursday."

     MOM: "No, Thursday happened like, last Thursday."

     ME: *MIND. BLOWN.*


Does anybody really care? ABOUT TIME!!!


My week looks so much like my weekend that I don't even notice when it's Saturday anymore. And Friday? Shoot, Rebecca Black is alone on that one. I'd have to say that the only time of the day I look forward to anymore is my daily "Mess with my dog" hour that occurs in the afternoon. He naps, I poke him. And we laugh and laugh and laugh...okay so I do most of the laughing.


We've all got time enough to cry!


And thus my day ends with a rousing game of WHAT THE HECK DO I DO NOW? (By Parker Bros).  The game usually ends with me reading humorous blogs or playing video games and no matter how hard I try, WHAT THE HECK DO I DO NOW? is a game I've just never been able to win.

We've all got time enough to die!

No comments:

Post a Comment