Friday, July 13, 2012

I'm hungry. The reality of eating right.

I woke up on Wednesday to my mother asking me if I wanted to eat out for lunch with friends. That's how I was going to start my diet. I wanted to go running, but eating at a restaurant works too...I guess.

I avoided anything that wasn't poultry (as any good Mediterranean dieter would do), despite my desire for a cheeseburger by 2:00 pm. We at at Souper Salad instead of McFatty's and it was a bit of a disappointment. My mom and I both thought it would be healthier than what it was. The only thing worth mentioning there was the Vegan "A-Maize-ing corn bread" that tasted as if it was made out of pure unicorns and crack cocaine. I won't be going vegan in this lifetime but mad props to them for making some delicious food.

Then I had to do stuff, but the only thing that really ended up getting done was ordering a new debit card. I just didn't have the mental capacity for anything else, and I honestly think it's because the food I ate messed with me. Man was not meant to eat unicorn. Experiencing that "adulthood" feeling of getting stuff done was pretty cool, though. Unfortunately, the rest of the day I had about as much energy as this guy...


So I took a nap till about eternity. This is typical for people going on this diet. I will have extremely low energy for the next three weeks, according to sources. Most people end up looking like the squirrel in the picture, except without that sweet tail.

Dieting is frustrating. That's my segue. It doesn't help that I've given myself a short attention span by constantly spending time on the internet and forcing myself into the habit of expecting instant gratification on whatever it is that I do*. Even though I know it's stupid I want to see quick and significant weight loss, just like anybody else who's ever started this quest. Don't lie, you know you've done it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment