Tuesday, January 3, 2012

MY PIANO HAS MORE SCALES THAN A DRAGON!!!

HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!

Guess what I've done with my day today. I bet you can't. I hope you can't. I'd probably assume you were stalking me if you could and I wouldn't even be able to do anything about it because getting a restraining order on my few readers would definitely hinder this blogs already poor readership...

So, I played scales today. That was fun. I woke up early, reviewed the fugue for my audition, saved the fridge from imploding, and played scales until my left hand literally fell off my body. I was in the middle of the Db Major scale and my left hand was like, "Hey, Tyler. We've been through some great times these past 21 years, but you are working me too hard. Here's my two weeks notice. In two weeks from now, you're gonna notice I haven't been here in two weeks. See ya!" And that was that.

So then I played Halo with my brother, played guitar with one hand (obviously), and struggled to turn to page 394 without Snape getting ticked off at me (with little success). It was somewhere between throwing a grenade at aliens and right now when I blogged about nothing (yet still successfully referenced Harry Potter) that I began to realize that during the course of this break a very significant yet not entirely unforeseeable event has occurred. When I am not by my piano, I am practically a nobody. I seem to put myself in a position where I don't have an existence away from the piano, unless that existence is to review my piano music away from the piano. I could be out with friends, but my piano is my BEST friend. I could watch a movie, but it usually ends up being a movie about a piano player (there are plenty out there, trust me). I could play video games, but that's my reserve for when my hands cramp up and playing piano is no longer an option.

I would just like to say that at first I was quite ticked off at Nintendo for making a system that worked entirely off of motion rather than pressing buttons like any video game conglomerate would have designed. But when your fingers refuse to move, just having to swing your arm to kill bad guys is kind of a blessing.

That's my post for today. I'd be icing my hand right now but thankfully my house is cold enough so I don't have to. I'm gonna go watch youtube, maybe another movie, and find SOMETHING to do with my life that doesn't have anything to do with piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment